Research has found that acupuncture can help with couples trying to conceive. Acupuncture for fertility is now recognised as a therapy that has positive beneficial effects on couples trying for a baby. Couples are increasingly experiencing fertility problems as more leave trying for a baby until their 30’s. It’s not just women who have problems, men do too and statistics suggest 35 to 45% experience fertility problems.
So how can acupuncture boost fertility?
- Improves the menstrual cycle and promote ovulation
- Improves hormone function to produce higher number of eggs
- Regulates ovary to help produce better quality eggs
- For men acupuncture improves quality, mobility and sperm count
- For assisted conception reduces the side effects of drugs
- Increases blood flow to the uterus and endometrial wall improving lining and implantation chances
- Reduce chances of miscarriage
Additionally, acupuncture can help address conditions which can affect fertility such as Endometriosis.
More commonly there is no explanation for not falling pregnant, unexplained fertility, acupuncturists see this frequently in clinic. It is often just the therapy to turn things around.
Finally, one big benefit for couples, the whole process of trying to fall pregnant naturally or through assisted means, which can be a stressful and anxious period, and at times all consuming. Acupuncture has a wealth of evidence to show that treatment can calm, ease stress and promote wellbeing.
If you are having trouble conceiving and would like to know more, I would love to hear from you. Or if you know of anyone who is having issues then please share with them.